What do you think is the easiest dish to prepare at home? Ok! What do you order first when you go to the restaurant? I usually order Papad or soup to give my taste buds a good kick. When I order the main course, I pick some of my favorite dishes that I can’t cook at home ( I am a lazy cook).
BTW! I can cook varieties of soups. I usually make vegetable soup because it can be prepared in no time. Whether you are getting late for office or have to rush somewhere, vegetable soup is an ideal recipe for all. Plus, it is healthy and contains a lot of boosting minerals, protein, fiber, and minerals. What’s amazing is, you can have it daily, as it doesn’t have side effects. If you are also a lazy cook like me but at the same time want to have something exotic tonight, then here is a quick recipe to make vegetable soup. Don’t forget to read the bonus tip that I have added at the end of the post.
What’s amazing is Vegetable soup could be prepared from a variety of vegetables that are available at your home. You don’t have to be particular about anything. Let’s check the ingredients needed to cook this healthy soup.
Ingredients Needed To Make Vegetable Soup
- You would need onions, tomato paste, a tablespoon of oil, broccoli, carrot, peas, mushroom (if we want to add), garlic, black pepper, and salt as per taste, vinegar, and lemon juice.
Note: You could add other vegetables of your choice as well.
Quick Steps on how to make vegetable soup
- Wash all the vegetables and finely chop them.
- Now, take a pan and add a tablespoon of oil to it. Heat it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and onion into the pan and cook them until they turn golden brown.
- Next, add all the chopped vegetables and tomato paste in the pan. Let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the water (required) and allow the vegetables to boil.
- Cover the pan and let them boil on a medium flame for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and yay! your vegetable soup is ready to serve.
- Add salt and pepper as per your taste.
If you want to make the vegetable soup thicker, then you can add cornstarch or flour for better results.
Bonus Tip: Remember that the cooking time of each ingredient is different. For instance, peas take less cooking time than mushroom/carrot. So, add vegetables after considering their cooking time.
Vegetable soup is full of flavor, rich in nutrients, and takes no time. Also, you don’t need an occasion to relish the flavors of spices in vegetable soup. Serve it in breakfast, lunch, dinner, or have it when your stomach craves for something light and yummy!
So when you are trying your hands on this healthy plus delicious soup? Also, don’t forget to share your views on this recipe. Waiting for the feedback!