If you are a working professional, then you would agree that managing both the kitchen and office is not an easy task. Not only professionals, but a lazy person like me look for life hacks to make work easier. When not life hacks, I search for 5-minute recipes to save my time so that I can relax on the couch.
The thought of making a 5-minute meal in this world of packaged foods is unrealistic, but it is possible. Let’s see some nutritious recipes that can be prepared in no time and are a perfect fit for the kitchen haters.
These 5 Minute Recipes Can be Your Life Saviour In an Emergency
1. Kiwi Banana Smoothie
It is a super healthy smoothie overloaded with vitamin C, potassium, and fiber. Consuming Kiwi in any form reduces blood pressure and boosts the immune system. What’s more amazing is this smoothie is low-in-calories and is the best to drink post-workout.
- 3-4 peeled Kiwis
- 3/4th cup milk
- 2 peeled bananas
- Freshly grated ginger
- 3/4th cup yogurt
- Porridge oats
- Honey (optional)
Method to Make Kiwi Banana Smoothie
1. In a blender, blend kiwis, bananas, grated ginger, milk, and yogurt.
2. Blend until it turns smooth.
3. Yay! You are done!
2. Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwich
Cucumber promotes hydration, high in nutrients, and aids in weight loss. This cucumber cream cheese sandwich takes less than 5 minutes and is a perfect breakfast when you are getting late for the office.
- 6 Bread slices
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- Crushed Mint leaves
- Salt (as per taste)
- Pepper (as per taste)
- Butter (to spread)
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
Method to Make Cucumber Cream Cheese Sandwich
1. Cut the bread corners. Now, spread cream cheese on one bread and butter on another bread.
2. Put the cucumber slices on the buttered bread and sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
3. Sprinkle crushed mint leaves on bread.
4. Put cream cheese layered bread on it.
5. Yay! Your delicious and healthy cucumber cream cheese sandwich is ready to eat.
If not cucumber sandwich, then here are other veg weight-loss recipes that you can try if you want to lose weight in 15 days.
3. Chocolate Cake in a Mug
How about a cake-in-mug recipe that takes only 3 mins of preparation time? Sounds great? Let’s check what ingredients are required to make this yum cake.
- 3tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1-2 drops of Vanilla extract
- 1/8tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp melted butter (you can replace it with vegetable oil)
- 4 tbsp crushed oreo cookies
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- Milk (as required)
Method to Make Chocolate Cake in a Mug
1. In a bowl, mix dry ingredients like all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2. Now add oil, crushed cookies, milk, and vanilla extract to the mix.
3. Mix the batter well and fill it in a mug. Make sure that you fill a mug half so that cake can rise.
4. Microwave it for 1.30 minutes.
Note: Timings can vary here, depending on mug variety and microwave settings. Therefore, it is recommended to perform a toothpick test before you take the mug out from the microwave.
4. Bread Poha
If you are bored of eating sandwiches, then try this bread poha that can be prepared in 5 minutes and can be eaten anytime. Plus, it can be kept in the lunch box and served in breakfast too.
- 2tbsp oil
- Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1tsp turmeric powder
- Salt (as per taste)
- 2 green chilies
- 1/2tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2tbsp lemon juice
- chopped onions
- Red chili powder/ whole red chilies
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
- Roasted peanuts (optional)
- Chopped or crushed bread
Method to Make Bread Poha
1. Heat oil in a pan. Now add hing, curry leaves, mustard seeds, and whole red chilies.
2. Now add roasted peanuts and onions. Saute the mix for 2-3minutes.
3. Its time to add salt, turmeric powder, and crushed bread.
4. Sprinkle water before you add lemon juice and green chilies.
5. Garnish bread poha with coriander and serve it hot.
To make it healthier, you can add other vegetables of your choice. If you are having a party tonight then you can try these bread recipes that are perfect for any occasion.
5. Instant Cheese Fondue
If you love cheese, then you can’t miss this amazingly awesome cheese fondue. This 5-minute recipe is best when you crave for something hot and delicious.
- 1 cup milk
- 1tbsp butter
- Chili flakes
- Finely chopped onions
- 2tbsp cornflour dissolved in water
- 1 cup cheese spread
Method to Make Cheese Fondue
1. Heat butter in a pan and then saute onions in a medium flame.
2. Now add milk, cheese spread, cornflour to it. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Make sure that you stir the mix continuously.
3. Add salt and chili flakes and again cook for 2 minutes.
4. Serve it hot with chopped bread pieces.
Whether you are a student living in a hostel or a working professional, these 5-minute recipes can be your life savior. Also, next time when you don’t have time to make a perfect meal, then try these 5 minute recipes without compromising on the flavors.
Have you tried other recipes that saved your time? Drop your comments below.